- To widen students' horizon
- To foster a habit of reading English books
- To improve students' English writing skill
- S.2 students should read one English book from each subject and then write a book report. They should submit their book reports via "WebREAD - Reading to Learn Module" and choose relevant subjects on the website. They should submit 6 book reports in total.
- Students can also borrow books from public libraries but they should get teachers' consent in advance.
- Students should submit at least 6 book reports a year. They are encouraged to submit more than the minimum requirement.
- Students who have submitted 6 or more book reports and got five marks or more on average (the maximum mark for each book report is 10) can redeem a prize from the library.